CDL Truck Drivers Duties and Responsibilities
CDL Truck drivers require a wide variety of skills including a strong knowledge of safety regulations, to be familiar with not just traffic laws but rules regarding how often they are required to rest, and maximum miles driven. We believe it’s important for our drivers to be physically healthy since Truck Drivers are required to pass a physical exam every two years.
CDL truck drivers pay is based on experience – Hauling flatbeds (oversize/overweight) and/or Gravel Train.
Truck Drivers duties and responsibilities:
- Long-distance driving, some overnights with flatbed runs, but generally home most nights. Gravel train home each night.
- Communicating and coordinating with dispatchers
- Obeying and following applicable traffic laws
- Securing cargo and properly arranging and balancing it within the vehicle
- Maintaining a detailed log of working hours in compliance with state and federal regulations
- Ensuring any mechanical issues with the vehicle are corrected before driving
- Up to date CDL certification and no moving violations
- Ability to pass all applicable health benchmarks