The United States Department of Labor is committed to the safety of the American workforce. If you work around trenches are excavations, here are five things you should know to stay safe.
- Ensure safe entry and exit
- Trenches must have cave-in protection
- Keep materials away from the edge of the trench
- Look for standing water or other hazards
- Never enter a trench unless it has been properly inspected
These safety tips can save lives including yours. To report an unsafe trench, call 1-800-321-6742. For more information on trench safety, visit www.osha.gov. Message from U.S. Secretary of Labor Alexander Acosta.
At Ron Meyer & Associate Excavating, Inc, we’ve been providing underground and commercial construction to private and commercial businesses for 39 years. As the general contractor or subcontractor, our experienced foremen, equipment operators, pipe layers, truck drivers and well-maintained equipment fleet make us an undeniable choice for your excavating services. Let’s talk about your project!