The standards apply to all open excavations made in the Earth’s surface, including trenches. Following the requirements of the standards will prevent or greatly reduce the risk of cave-ins and other excavation-related incidents. Learn more: https://www.osha.gov/Publications/osha2226.pdf
Other common questions:
- When Must Employers Conduct Excavation Site Inspections?
- What Excavation Hazards Do Employers Need to Address?
- What are the requirements for safely installing & removing protective systems?
- What is a Competent Person in Trenching & Excavation?
- What are the soil classification categories in excavation?
At Ron Meyer & Associate Excavating, Inc, we’ve been providing underground and commercial construction to private and commercial businesses for 39 years. As the general contractor or subcontractor, our experienced foremen, equipment operators, pipe layers, truck drivers and well-maintained equipment fleet make us an undeniable choice for your excavating services. Let’s talk about your project!